Insight 20/20: Designing a Life to Thrive
Friday, October 25, 2019 12:00 PM -
Sunday, October 27, 2019 3:00 PM
UNPLUG. CENTER. THRIVE.
Join us for a weekend exploration of mindfulness to unlock your full potential, nestled in the rolling hills and woodlands of Michigan’s Wine Country.
Whether it’s your first introduction to mindfulness or part of your ongoing practice, you’ll come away refreshed and reenergized with greater clarity, a renewed sense of purpose, and a toolkit to integrate into daily life. We all have the capacity to enhance our productivity, develop greater awareness & insights, and design a happier, healthier life...so come discover yours with us!
Immerse yourself in the total experience:
- Develop a personalized action plan to thrive in all aspects of life using mindfulness strategies.
- Experience various types of mindfulness meditations, mindfulness exercises & coaching strategies designed to increase focus & awareness and to connect with compassion & empathy.
- Stretch your body and mind with daily yoga for all levels, including restorative, yin and invigorating vinyasa flow.
- Explore the local area with two optional customized excursions: A Michigan Wine Trail tour OR An equine experiential workshop, to practice equanimity, presence and calm with four-legged friends.
- Enjoy free time to explore the surrounding area—hike the sand dunes and forest trails, walk along Lake Michigan’s beautiful beaches, or bike along picturesque backroad trails. Bring your gear!
- Luxuriate in beautiful accommodations at Dwell Vacation’s Dahlia Property
- Amazing on-site amenities including a game room, large heated pool, two outdoor hot tubs, fire-pit, bocce court, & so much more!
- Daily delicious meals featuring local, farm-fresh ingredients and locally-sourced juices, beer, cider, & wine. All dietary restrictions accommodated.
Co-hosted by Shahnaz Broucek of OptimizeU and Ashley Nelson of Inseus. Ashley and Shahnaz are both deeply passionate about helping people unlock their full potential to lead authentic, more productive, healthier lives. Through their own lives, they have experienced the challenges of managing multiple responsibilities and giving without renewal, both personally and professionally, which led them on their own unique journeys discovering mindfulness. They are both currently enrolled in Teacher Certification at the Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute, a mindfulness program founded at Google that is proven to reduce stress, improve focus, raise peak performance, and improve interpersonal relationships. Ashley and Shahnaz were drawn to work on this retreat together from their many shared life experiences as mothers, partners, entrepreneurs and life-long learners, who use mindfulness practice to enrich all aspects of life.
- Shahnaz brings over 30 years of leadership experience across multiple industries to her work as an executive coach. Her coaching approach is founded in mindful engagement and other positive business best practices, the latest research in applied neuroscience and emotional intelligence. She is certified as a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) by the International Coach Federation. Shahnaz teaches Coaching and Mentoring in Organizations for MBA students at Ross and was awarded a University of Michigan’s Provost Teaching Innovation Prize (2018). She is passionate about helping people optimize their lives personally and professionally.
- Ashley, a former senior executive leading a global business unit at a Fortune 500 company, with over 25 years of management experience, is a teacher, executive coach, consultant and the founder of Inseus. For more than a decade, Ashley has been sharing the power of mindfulness in corporate, community and non-profit settings as a way to transform lives and enable individuals to thrive. A trained Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher and certified yoga instructor, Ashley and her team design and deliver mindfulness based programs that empower leaders and enhance organizational effectiveness, in an effort to make this world a more peaceful place.
Dahlia Property, Berrien Springs, MI 49103
- Begins: Friday, October 25, 2019, check-in begins at 12:00 PM EST (11:00 AM CST), retreat starts promptly at 3:00 PM EST (2:00 PM CST)
- Ends: Sunday, October 27, 2019, 3:00 PM EST (2:00 PM CST)
- Per person registration: starting at $1,000
- Coming as a family or a couple? Contact us for special discounted rates.
- Please inquire about our work/study discount or payment by check.
- Questions? Email: email@example.com Phone: 734-812-4560
« Back to Events